|1. Chris Miller (Northwest) - Miller made his high school debut with a victory at the Mount St. Mary's junior varsity race. He was immediately moved up to the varsity roster where he established himself in the top 5 for the remainder of the season. He won the freshman race at the Glory Days Invitational in a time of 16:36. He led his team in all his remaining races including a 12th place finish at the Montgomery County Championship, 12th place finish at the 4A West Region Championship, and 11th place finish at the MD State Championship where his team finished 2nd overall. |
2. Bobby Sonken (Northwest) - Like teammate Chris Miller, Sonken began the season on the junior varsity squad but established himself as a varsity runner in the September quad meets. He ran under 18 minutes in 5 races including a season PR of 17:19 at the Glory Days Invitational freshman race where he placed 5th. He was 44th at the Montgomery County Championship.
3. Charlie Ramirez (Damascus) - Ramirez spent the majority of the season as the 8th man on his team, but was able to work his way onto the varsity roster after a 7th place finish at the Montgomery County Championship freshman race. His fastest two races of the season came on the hilly courses of Watkins Mill and Hereford (18:28) where he helped his team to 3rd in the 3A West and 5th in the state.
4. Nicholas Regan (Walter Johnson) - Regan showed promise early on when he won the 'C' race at the first race of the year, the Howard County Invitation. He was never able to work his way onto the varsity roster, but consistently dropped his time all season long until he capped things off with a victory at the Montgomery County freshman race in 18:01.
5. Nicholas Balderson (Sherwood) - Balderson began the season with a bang by placing 2nd in the junior varsity race at the Great Meadows Invitational in a time of 18:36. He held a spot on his team's varsity top 5 for the remainder of the season. He dropped under the 18 minute mark two times including a season best 5k of 17:51. He was 66th at the Montgomery County Championship, helping his team to 7th place.
6. Alexander Willett (Walter Johnson) - Willett stuck close to his teammate Nicholas Regan for the entire season. The county championship freshman race came down to a sprint between the two with Regan coming out on top again.
7. Shane Stepek (Gaithersburg) - Stepek consistently improved all season. He began running in the high 19's and finished the season with a PR of 18:05, placing 3rd in the freshman race at the Montgomery County Championship and nearly cracking the varsity roster.
8. Justin Rheingold (Churchill) - Rheingold did not put up any standout performance until his final race where he placed 4th in the freshman race at the Montgomery County Championship in 18:18.
9. Conor Spaulding (Quince Orchard) - Spaulding was able to develop solely in junior varsity and freshman races this year with virtually no chance of making his varsity team. Next year he will be counted upon heavily after posting several times in the 18's including a 6th place finish at the Montgomery County Championship freshman race in 18:20.
10. Jacob Cantor (Richard Montgomery) - Cantor was one of several strong freshman on a young RM team. He placed 5th in the Montgomery County Championship freshman race in a time of 18:19.
Jeremy Ardanuy, Blair
Russ Daley, Clarksburg
James Henriksen, Good Counsel
Milo Johnson, Albert Einstein
Matt Liddell, Richard Montgomery
Sam Martin, Richard Montgomery
Enricco Reumante, Northwood
Daniel Romney, Northwest
Willy Wise, Springbrook
Handson Wu, Wootton
A sophomore runner was originally included at the 8th spot in this All-Freshman Team. On the day after publication, that runner was removed and one runner moved up from the honorable mention list to the tenth spot. One runner was added to the honorable mention list.